ABOUT GRAND PRIX
The Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards celebrates innovation in food, non-food, and private-label categories.
COMPREHENSIVE FOOD AND NON-FOOD CATEGORIES
Our categories are designed to represent how you merchandise/market your product. In total, we have 52 categories for food and non-food products that recognize finalists and winners in CPG and Private Label brands separately.
Our four specialty awards recognize the best overall between CPG and Private Label brands
- All-Canadian Award
- Innovation and Originality Award
- Packaging Award
- Overall Consumer Value Award
- Excellence in Ethnic Products Award
- Registration opens: September 7, 2022
- Registration deadline: November 30, 2022
- Product Evaluation: February 2023
- Finalists Announced: April 2023
- Winners Announced: May 31, 2023
WHY CHOOSE THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX NEW PRODUCT AWARDS?
- Increased visibility and exposure: An esteemed jury of retail and industry experts will test your product and provide feedback.
- Persuasive trade marketing: Finalist and winners will be recognized in the respective showcase flyers and publications including Grocery Business, Canadian Grocer, Food-in-Canada Magazine, and Western Grocer.
- The Food Professor Podcast invites finalists and winners to share their stories with hosts Michael LeBlanc and Dr. Sylvain Charlebois.
- Industry-wide recognition: Celebrate your team’s achievement that they are among the best in Canada and recognize their excellence in identifying consumer trends. Really amplify the pride in your product.
- Rebate guarantee: If your product is not promoted to finalist status, Retail Council of Canada will rebate a portion of your registration fee.
Media Inquires: RCC Events team at email@example.com.
MISSION OF THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX NEW PRODUCT AWARDS™
With the basic objectives of encouraging manufacturers to develop and market innovative food industry distribution products and to provide Canadian consumers with exceptional value and quality, the mission of the Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM is defined as follows:
A Retail Council of Canada consumer-focused annual awards program, the Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM celebrates advancement and excellence in new food distribution industry products to further encourage manufacturer innovation and to profile continued value to consumers. The Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM mission implies that jurors should view and evaluate products in a frame of mind similar to that of a consumer, one who is perhaps exposed to that product for the very first time. Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM jurors are required to view the products they are testing from the consumer’s perspective.