ABOUT GRAND PRIX
The Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards celebrates innovation in food, non-food, and private-label categories.
Comprehensive Food and Non-Food Categories
Our categories are designed to represent how you merchandise/market your product. In total, we have 52 categories for food and non-food products that recognize finalists and winners in CPG and Private Label brands separately.
Our five specialty awards recognize the best overall between CPG and Private Label brands
- All-Canadian Award
- Innovation and Originality Award
- Packaging Award
- Overall Consumer Value Award
- Excellence in Ethnic Products Award
Sept 5, 2023
Nov 30, 2023
Initial Registration Deadline
Dec 31, 2023
Final Registration Deadline
Jan 10, 2024
January / February
Ship required samples as directed, 20-24 units.
Jury tastes and tests all products for evaluation
Finalists Announced with press release
Finalists are showcased in Flipp, reebee, and industry publications.
May 29, 2024
Winners announced at CGP Gala
Winners are showcased in Flipp, reebee, and industry publications.
Why choose the Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards?
- Increased visibility and exposure: An esteemed jury of retail and industry experts will test your product and provide feedback.
- Persuasive trade marketing: Finalist and winners will be recognized in the respective showcase flyers and publications including Grocery Business, Canadian Grocer, Food-in-Canada Magazine, and Western Grocer.
- Industry-wide recognition: Celebrate your team’s achievement that they are among the best in Canada and recognize their excellence in identifying consumer trends. Really amplify the pride in your product.
- Rebate guarantee: If your product is not promoted to finalist status, Retail Council of Canada will rebate a portion of your registration fee.
MISSION OF THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX NEW PRODUCT AWARDS™
With the basic objectives of encouraging manufacturers to develop and market innovative food industry distribution products and to provide Canadian consumers with exceptional value and quality, the mission of the Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM is defined as follows:
A Retail Council of Canada consumer-focused annual awards program, the Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM celebrates advancement and excellence in new food distribution industry products to further encourage manufacturer innovation and to profile continued value to consumers. The Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM mission implies that jurors should view and evaluate products in a frame of mind similar to that of a consumer, one who is perhaps exposed to that product for the very first time. Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM jurors are required to view the products they are testing from the consumer’s perspective.
Questions about the Grand Prix Program?
Contact Pierre Chartier, Sales and Business Development, at email@example.com or by phone at (514) 830-5429. For media inquires contact the RCC Events team at firstname.lastname@example.org.