CATEGORIES (CPG and Private Label)
Our categories have been updated to better represent how you merchandise/market your product. In total, we have expanded the number of categories from 32 to 46.
The All-Canadian Award will be presented to the product having reached the highest average score amongst all products developed, created and manufactured in Canada.
INNOVATION AND ORIGINALITY AWARD
This Special Award is presented to the product having reached the highest average score amongst all the products entered under the evaluation criteria appreciating innovative features and benefits.
This special award is presented to the product having reached the highest score from the presentation and packaging category.
Registration deadline: November 25, 2017 Product Evaluation: February-March 2018 @ ITHQ in Montreal Finalists Announced: Early April 2018 Winners Announced: May 30, 2018
Why enter the Canadian Grand Prix New Product Awards?
- Canadian Grand Prix Advisory Council. We have established the Canadian Grand Prix Advisory Council featuring an experienced group of food retailing merchants and members from within the vendor/supplier community. The Council helps us review our listing strategy and product categories, plus provides real-world industry guidance to improve our evaluation criteria.
- Comprehensive Food and Non-Food Categories. In 2015, we worked with the Council who review the overall program structure and create new food and non food categories. Categories have also been updated to better represent how you merchandise/market your product. In total, we have expanded the number of categories from 32 to 46. In addition, all descriptions now include Nielsen category rating descriptions.
- Integrated Private Label Categories. Our private label product categories correspond with our CPG food and non-food categories. This creates better alignment for our category listings and a more holistic approach to the awards themselves.
- Consumer Marketing. We supported our award finalists last year with 1 million Finalist circulars dropped onto Ontario and Quebec consumer doorsteps. Canadian Grand Prix winners were featured in external consumer digital advertising in Ontario and Quebec which included 750,000 ad impressions on Metroland Media (www.save.ca) and TC Media.
- Trade Marketing. The Canadian Grand Prix finalists and winners are featured in Canadian Grocer, Grocery Business, Western Grocer as well as our very own Canadian Retailer magazine. All new products submitted for evaluation are also featured in Canadian Retailer.
- Extensive and objective product evaluation and feedback from a jury of retail industry experts. The jury spends several days tasting and evaluating all entries to come up with a list of finalists across all categories.
- Compete with other brands (big and small) on a level playing field and see how you stack up.
- Make a statement: showcase your product development, strategy and go-to-market launch is one of the best in Canada.
- Demonstrate pride in your product. Give your team a nod that says they’re one of the best in Canada and recognize their excellence in identifying consumer trends.
- Market the prestige of having an award-winning product and a forward-thinking brand.
- Blaze your trail. If you’re already a market leader, validate your position, acute marketing sense, and serve notice that your brand’s innovation is here to stay.
- Get noticed. Stay noticed. With a judging panel that includes retail industry experts, your product gets invaluable exposure. Plus, being awarded is a great way to stay top-of-mind with trade and consumers alike.
- Become a category leader. Being a finalist or winner could change your company’s whole outlook.
Questions about the Grand Prix program?
Contact Pierre Chartier, Sales and Business Development.
He can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at (514) 830-5429.