COMPREHENSIVE FOOD AND NON-FOOD CATEGORIES
Our categories are designed to represent how you merchandise/market your product. In total, we have 46 categories for food and non-food products that recognize finalists and winners in CPG and Private Label brands separately.
Our four specialty awards recognize the best overall between CPG and Private Label brands
- All-Canadian Award
- Innovation and Originality Award
- Packaging Award
- Overall Consumer Value Award
Registration deadline: December 31, 2019 Product Evaluation: February 2020 at ITHQ in Montreal Finalists Announced: Early April 2020 Winners Announced: May 27, 2020 at Toronto Congress Center in Toronto
MISSION OF THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX NEW PRODUCT AWARDSTM
With the basic objectives of encouraging manufacturers to develop and market innovative food industry distribution products and to provide Canadian consumers with exceptional value and quality, the mission of the Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM is defined as follows:
A Retail Council of Canada consumer-focused annual awards program, the Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM celebrates advancement and excellence in new food distribution industry products to further encourage manufacturer innovation and to profile continued value to consumers. The Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM mission implies that jurors should view and evaluate products in a frame of mind similar to that of a consumer, one who is perhaps exposed to that product for the very first time. Canadian Grand Prix New Product AwardsTM jurors are required to view the products they are testing from the consumer’s perspective.
WHY CHOOSE THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX NEW PRODUCT AWARDS?
- Canadian Grand Prix Advisory Council. We have established the Canadian Grand Prix Advisory Council featuring an experienced group of food retailing merchants and members from within the vendor/supplier community. The Council helps us review our listing strategy and product categories, plus provides real-world industry guidance to improve our evaluation criteria.
- Comprehensive Food and Non-Food Categories. In total, we have 46 categories for food and non-food products that recognize finalists and winners in CPG and Private Label brands separately. Our four specialty awards recognize the best overall between CPG and Private Label brands. In addition, all descriptions now include Nielsen category rating descriptions.
- Integrated Private Label Categories. Our private label product categories correspond with our CPG food and non-food categories. This creates better alignment for our category listings and a more holistic approach to the awards themselves.
- Consumer Marketing. We promoted our award finalists last year with two flyers posted on the reebee flyer app that has been downloaded by over 1 Million Canadians, putting the Grand Prix flyer right in the palm of Canadian shoppers. Grand Prix flyers received over 46,000 unique views in 2019 and embedded links in the product listing helped consumers find your product on store shelves.
- Trade Marketing. The Canadian Grand Prix finalists and winners are featured in Canadian Grocer, Grocery Business, Western Grocer as well as our very own Canadian Retailer magazine.
Questions about the Grand Prix program?
Contact Pierre Chartier, Sales and Business Development.
He can be reached at email@example.com or by phone at (514) 830-5429.